Ewing Township Historic Preservation Society
at the Benjamin Temple House
ETHPS Members and Friends -
Have a Great Week(end)!
Benjamin Temple House
Website designed by Rebecca Urban for the Ewing Township Historic Preservation Society - Copyright 2015 at Homestead
It has been a busy end of summer at the Temple House. Our monthly Open Houses (first Sunday of each month, 2-4pm) have been going very well and many have learned the importance of Ewing and the Temple House in the creation of a nation, as well as the history of Ewing Township! We also hosted the registration area for the Annual Ewing Garden Tour. The awards given, both for private gardens as well as commercial, were interesting and honored the work of homeowners or business owners who keep up gardens well worth visiting! A few members of the ETHPS Board even had an evening at the Erini Restaurant Tiki Bar (they were one of the winners for commercial gardens). Excellent job to all our gardeners for creating a Beautiful Ewing!! Come visit the lovely ETHPS / Benjamin Temple House Garden!! Also at the House was our Annual Flea Market. Many bargains were available and purchased!
Our next Program at the Temple House on Sunday, October 8th, is “Historic Graveyards of NJ” with Central Jersey Burial Ground Historian Ed Raser. Come out to hear this interesting presentation on Final Resting Places!
We are also still looking for feathers for our ticking pillows and comforters. Please save those feathers!! Also on our list of needs is additional committee members. If you are interested in giving a bit of your time to your Society, please call or email the office. (I am only in part-time, but I will get back to you!) We have several committees, so I am sure that one is certain to interest you
- Sept 23 - Community Fest at TCNJ - Come celebrate Ewing and your community!!
- Oct 8 - 2 pm - "Historic Graveyards of NJ" - Benjamin Temple House
- Saturdays 9 am - Tai Chi on the River - $5.00 donation – meet in the field by the Lower Park – visit 222.wcpa-nj.org – sponsored by athe Washington Crossing Park Assoc
- Sept 23 - Archaeology Dig – make apple cider, ice cream, tour the grounds and much more! At the Trent House Museum, 15 Market St, Trenton – visit www.williamtrenthouse.org
- Sept 24 - Meet the Ass’t Curator of Philadelphia’s newest gem – the Museum of the American Revolution – at the Pennington Presbyterian Church, Upper Titus Hall, 13 South Main St, Pennington 08534
- Sept 26 - Larry Kidder will present on his newest book “Crossroads of the Revolution: Trenton 1774-1783” - 6:30 pm - at the Old Barracks - visit www.barracks.org
- Sept 23 - 12:30 pm - Mike Harris presents his book “Brandywine: A Military History of the Battle that Lost Philadelphia but Saved America” at the Old Barracks
- Save the Date – October 14 & 15 - Revolutionary War Weekend - at Washington Crossing Park, Titusville